Friday, June 10, 2005

Day Three

Day three and I'm still going.

I've been getting a lot of good information on podcasting out of Todd Cochrane's Podcasting book. Lots to learn here. Podcasts are like self-produced radio programs that anybody with a computer and a microphone can put together. I'm on Chapter Three - "Finding and Subscribing to Podcasts" - and there is just too much information out there. Really good stuff. I've spent a lot of time looking around on the websites that he suggests and have downloaded a couple of different podcatcher clients to try out. I have been using the one that comes as a part of Thunderbird to catch blogs and I really like it, but the various podcatcher software that Todd describes in the book are really good and open up a whole new level of the podcasting experience to explore. I like the idea of having podcasts of topics that I am interested in downloaded onto my PocketPC and then being able to take that with me to listen to the podcasts throughout the day - listening to what I want, when I want.

No comments: